Arrow Back to home .
City of Biggs, California
Utility picture  


City Services Utilities


Marlee Mattos
Marlee Mattos
Customer Service, Utility Billing

Welcome to Utilities


Water, sewer and garbage are "utilities," each funded by the fees charged to customers to cover the cost of providing each of those those utility services.  Costs include daily labor and supplies as well as long term capital improvements.


Many cities contract out their utility services.  Biggs runs its own water and sewer systems -- both operations requiring licensing and continual monitoring by certified professionals. Garbage service is contracted to Waste Management, Inc., but the service is billed to customers through the City.


The City also operates its own electric utility -- serving customers within the city limits while PG&E serves those outside the city limits.  For more information about these services, see the menu to the left of this page.  To start or stop service, or to inquire about your utility bills, contact the City customer service office.


Utility Billing Questions

I am moving to a house in Biggs, how do I start up utility service?

Contact City Hall at 868-5493. You can also download an application form from the City's web site, Identification and an official document with your Social Security number is required. A meter deposit is also required.


How much is my meter deposit?

Electric meter deposits are three times the average monthly electric bill at an address. Each address must be calculated since electric usage varies considerably from house to house.


Where do I sign up for electric, gas, garbage and telephone service?
  • Electric service, water, sewer service and garbage service is provided to residents of the City of Biggs through Biggs Municipal Utilities.
  • Gas service is provided to residents through Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E).
    Customers may arrange for gas service by calling 1-800-PGE-5000.
  • Telephone service is provided to residents through AT&T. Customers may arrange for phone service by calling 1-800-288-2020.
  • Cable television service is provided to residents by contacting Comcast Cable at 1-800-290-6528.
What charges are on the City of Biggs utility bill?
Water, sewer, garbage and electric service. There are also infrastructure improvement fees for water & sewer.


What is the mailing address for payments?
City of Biggs, P.O. Box 307, Biggs, CA 95917-0307.


Where is the drop box located?
3016 Sixth Street.


When are utility bills due?
Utility bills are due on the 10th of the month following service and become delinquent if unpaid by the 20th.


When are late fees posted?
Late fees are posted on the first business day following the 20th of the month. If the 20th falls on a weekend, customers may pay on the next business day without accruing a late penalty.


What is the late fee amount?
10% of amount due.


What is the fee for returned checks?


Why is my neighbor's water bill different than mine when we both receive water from the City of Biggs?
Not everybody is on a flat water rate. Some residents receive metered water and their rates fluctuate with their use.


If my home is vacant, do I still have to pay water and sewer and garbage fees?



Contact information and office hours:

8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. by telephone

9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for walk-ins


Monday through Friday, except holidays


City of Biggs
465 C Street
Biggs, CA 95917
(530) 868-5493

Available Forms:


.pdf fileApplication for Residential Service

.pdf fileApplication for Commercial Services


.pdf fileClick here to download reader.

City of Biggs © 2018 | Site Map City of Biggs, P.O.Box 307, Biggs, CA 95917